CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
for assistant research fellowships at the
Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Centre for Social Sciences
in the MTA TK ”Lendület” Research Center for Educational and Network Studies (RECENS)
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Hours: Part-time (20 hours/week)
Contract: Fixed term
Begins: October 2017
Ends: September 2019
Ref.: EVILTONGUE 2017
- Participate in the research project ”No Sword Bites So Fiercly as an Evil Tongue? Gossip Wrecks Reputation, but Enhances Cooperation” (EVILTONGUE), lead by Károly Takács with a focus on subproject:
- Development of a new, triad-based statistical methodology for analyzing time-stamped gossip networks
- Prepare at least one paper or PhD chapter per year in English in collaboration with the Principal Investigator;
- Participate in the preparation of new applications and scientific proposals;
- Participate in other related activities of RECENS (e.g., organization of events).
Criteria of Application:
- MA or MSc degree;
- fluent English both written and oral;
- PhD or PhD candidate status;
- clean record, legal capacity.
- the applicant has scientific publications;
- the applicant has experience with the topic of our research;
- the applicant has experience with Social Network Analysis;
- the applicant is familiar with the R statistical environment;
- the applicant has experience in text analytics;
- the applicant has programming skills at least at the basic level;
- the applicant graduated in the last 6 years.
The Application shall include:
- a Curriculum Vitae and list of publications;
- a publication, working paper, or a research plan written in English;
- a copy of university diploma.
Location of work:
Centre for Social Sciences, Hungarian Academy of Sciences (MTA TK)
”Lendület” Research Center for Educational and Network Studies (RECENS)
Tóth Kálmán u. 4., 1097 Budapest, Hungary
Applications must be sent via e-mail to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org until 30 September, 2017. Please indicate in the subject of e-mail: „EVILTONGUE 2017”. Applicants will be asked for an interview, which is expected to be held on 6 October 2017. The MTA TK reserves the right of leaving the vacancy unfilled in the lack of outstanding candidates.
Selected applicants will be employed from 15 October, 2017, the earliest, till 14 September 2019, which may be prolonged for a fixed term. At the beginning of the employment, a probation period of 4 months will take place. Financial compensation is based on Act XXXIII of 1992 of Hungary on the legal status of public servants and on Govt. Decree 84/2011 (V.26).
Please find the original call for application here.